Claudius Broussard, who owned Broussard's Race Track near Lafayette, La., died June 6 at his Lafayette home.
The first reported foal by multiple stakes winner Wildcat Shoes is a filly born Feb. 1.
Hawthorne's leading rider Chris Emigh has been named to pilot the morning-line favorite in all six $100,000 Illinois stakes for Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing card Saturday.
Chris's Thunder closed though the stretch to win the $60,000 Dr. A.B. Leggio Memorial Handicap in a blanket finish Saturday at Fair Grounds. Hallowed Dreams, who won her first 16 career races before suffering her first loss this summer, was scratched.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup