Claudius Broussard, who owned Broussard's Race Track near Lafayette, La., died June 6 at his Lafayette home.
The first reported foal by multiple stakes winner Wildcat Shoes is a filly born Feb. 1.
Hawthorne's leading rider Chris Emigh has been named to pilot the morning-line favorite in all six $100,000 Illinois stakes for Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing card Saturday.
Chris's Thunder closed though the stretch to win the $60,000 Dr. A.B. Leggio Memorial Handicap in a blanket finish Saturday at Fair Grounds. Hallowed Dreams, who won her first 16 career races before suffering her first loss this summer, was scratched.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot For 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session