Bucking the national trend of racing, Monmouth Park concluded its 2008 meeting on Sept. 28 with significant gains in daily average handle.
Master Command will carry top weight of 121 pounds while breaking from the rail Saturday at Monmouth Park in the 72nd Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) and face seven rivals. The Iselin, worth $250,000, has a post time of approximately 4:52 p.m. EDT.
Network, a $62,500 claim earlier this year, can pay further dividends Friday for trainer Eddie Broome in the $250,000 Pegasus (gr. III) on opening night at the Meadowlands.
Maybe Jack, whose 13 wins in 1997 was the most for a horse that year, died following a fourth-place finish Saturday at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- El Niño Could Present Triple Crown Challenge
- Pedigree Analysis: Rock Sand
- OBS March Sale Catalog Online
- First Foal for Stallion Can the Man a Colt
- Kentucky-Bred Champion Nominees Announced
- Is Regulation Itself Thwarting Uniformity?
- New Motion Filed in Illinois HBPA Suit
- 'Kobe', 'Salutos' Meet in Palos Verdes
- Seek Again to Shuttle to Argentina
- Aqueduct Cancels Live Racing Friday, Feb. 5