Bucking the national trend of racing, Monmouth Park concluded its 2008 meeting on Sept. 28 with significant gains in daily average handle.
Master Command will carry top weight of 121 pounds while breaking from the rail Saturday at Monmouth Park in the 72nd Philip H. Iselin Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) and face seven rivals. The Iselin, worth $250,000, has a post time of approximately 4:52 p.m. EDT.
Network, a $62,500 claim earlier this year, can pay further dividends Friday for trainer Eddie Broome in the $250,000 Pegasus (gr. III) on opening night at the Meadowlands.
Maybe Jack, whose 13 wins in 1997 was the most for a horse that year, died following a fourth-place finish Saturday at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit