Following a tracking trip under John Velazquez, Always Dreaming took command in the stretch to score a 2 3/4-length victory in the $2 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) May 6 at Churchill Downs.
Anthony Bonomo, whose Brooklyn Boyz Stables is one of the partners on Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (G1) winner Always Dreaming, said his first trip to Saratoga Springs, N.Y.—a visit that was his wife Mary Ellen’s idea—drew him into the sport.
Siena Farm and West Point Thoroughbreds buy a minority interest in the colt by Bodemeister, who is being aimed for the Xpressbet.com Florida Derby (G1) April 1.
New NYRA chairman owns company that allegedly gave a lucrative no-show job to the son of a former state Senate majority leader who is fighting federal corruption charges.
Escapefromreality denied Amberjack a sweep of the Big Apple Triple while earning his first stakes victory, leading all the way in the $150,000 Albany Stakes for New York-breds Aug. 21 at Saratoga Race Course.
Odds-on choice Meeker Avenue nosed out Laila's Jazz at the wire and Kelli Got Frosty got up in the final strides as they won their respective divisions of the New York Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds Nov. 11 at Aqueduct.
The New York Racing Association announced Feb. 15 that Anthony J. Bonomo has been appointed by the New York State Senate to NYRA's board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby