Surprising R Lady Joy withstood determined challenges from favored Round Pond and Dance Away Capote in the stretch to spring a 17-1 upset in the $500,300 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at sloppy Delaware Park Saturday.
Grade I winner Sis City will return to action Saturday in the $500,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park, where she will face seven divisional rivals, including stakes winners Round Pond and Dance Away Capote.
Left alone on the lead, Brooke's Halo dug in while battling through the lane to hold off Memorette and Cee's Irish, winning the $177,500 Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) in a surprise.
Memorette leads a field of eight 3-year-old fillies in search of their first graded stakes victory in Hollywood Park's $175,000 Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles on Sunday.
Live Oak Plantation's In the Gold made a sweeping move on the far turn and held off a determined Aspen Tree in the stretch for a 1 1/2-length score in Thursday's Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland Race Course.
In the Gold, who just missed in her last start and before that ran into the buzz saw known as Sis City, should be the favorite in a short field Thursday in Keeneland's Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II).
Outsider Hot Storm, ridden by Jerry Bailey, overcame a wide trip to hold off She's a Jewel by a head in the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Oaks at Santa Anita Park Saturday, kicking off the eight-race series for California and Florida breds.
Hello Lucky, winner of the Anoakia Stakes at Santa Anita Park and third to juvenile filly champion Sweet Catomine in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) in 2004, is part of an evenly-matched field of 12 3-year-old fillies entered for the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Oaks at Santa Anita Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus