Achievements of Thoroughbred owners in the four major North American racing regions and breeders in 22 states and Canada will be honored at the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association's annual National Awards Dinner.
- By Ian Tapp
Given that much of our discussion and analysis goes to sires - leading sires, new sires, broodmare sires, undervalued sires - the March issue of MarketWatch is our opportunity to look more in depth at top producers Vote Now
Oatsee, a two-time grade I producer and the 2011 Broodmare of the Year, gave birth to a filly from the first crop of champion Frankel March 27 at John Phillips' Darby Dan Farm in Lexington, KY.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will provide live streaming of the 28th Annual National Awards Dinner, to be held Sept. 6. The live stream will be available on bloodhorse.com
Enchanting Lisa, a 3-year-old half sister to Horse of the Year Wise Dan, won her debut June 12 in a romp over a maiden special weight field on the synthetic track at Presque Isle Downs.
Will it be Easter Bunnette, dam of Havre de Grace? Oatsee, dam of Shackleford? Vote for your choice today. Vote Now!
- By Eric Mitchell
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky
Edward Evans was named the nation's top breeder for the second consecutive year, WinStar Farm was named the nation's top owner, and Rudy and Virginia Tarra were named the leading small breeder for 2010.
Each March, editors of The Blood-Horse MarketWatch review a list of the previous year's graded stakes-winning horses, identifying runners whose dams deserve special recognition as top producers. Vote Now!
When you finish reading the free download, we're sure you will have formed your own opinion about which mare is most deserving of the MarketWatch Broodmare of the Year title. Vote Now!
The Blood-Horse MarketWatch releases its top 10 Broodmare of the Year candidates.
Roxinho, a horse who won his biggest races in Brazil but is now in North America, was recently named Brazil's 2001 Horse of the Year by the Horse Racing Media Association of Parana.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents