Westrock Stables' Sky Kingdom continued to show his affinity for the 1 1/2-mile distance March 28 with an impressive victory in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park.
In the 1 1/2-mile $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park March 28, Bronzo seems to have found the company of seven other horses he should be able to contend with.
Shared Belief did what was expected of him in the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 7, blowing an overmatched group of horses away with ease.
The field for the $1 million, 1 1/4-mile Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 7 is full, but beyond headliner Shared Belief, the race lacks the potential star power that appeared to be possible when nominations came out.
Grade I winner Hoppertunity returns to Santa Anita Park Jan. 10 as the 4-year-old tops the field of 11 older horses in the grade II, $200,000 San Pasqual Stakes at 1 1/16 miles.
The winner of last year's edition of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) leads a group of 11 entered for the 2014 edition as he aims to become the first two-time victor in the race's seven-year history Oct. 31.
Goldencents, winner of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) in 2013, leads a group of 12 pre-entered contenders for the 2014 edition as he aims to become the first two-time winner in the race's seven-year history.
Bronzo won the Copa de Oro Vinas de Chile (Chi-II) June 27 at Hipico Chile in Santiago and qualified for the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. IT) later this year at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill