Kinsman Stable's Ebony Breeze demonstrated a powerful closing kick to cruise to victory in the $200,000 Endine Handicap (gr. III) at Delaware Park Saturday.
Kinsman Stable's Ebony Breeze tops a field of seven entered in the $200,000 Endine Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Delaware Park Saturday.
Bronze Abe won the $75,000 Conniver Stakes at Laurel Park Sunday, but runner-up Search For A Cure made the 4-year-old gray mare really work for it. The victory was the fifth added money win for the daughter of Two Punch.
Heavy favorite Bear Fan pulled her way to the lead coming out of the far turn and held off the closing Gazillion for a one-length victory in the $200,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Laurel Park Saturday.
The hard-knocking gray mare Bronze Abe bounced to the lead and battled head-to-head almost to the finish line to win the $73,500 What A Summer Stakes Saturday at Laurel Park, marking the fourth straight year the daughter of Two Punch has won an added money race in Maryland.
Samuel F. Bayard's Bronze Abe raced tenaciously from start to finishe to win the $75,000 Skipat Stakes over seven filly and mare rivals Saturday at Pimlico.
The stakes-producing mare Buckles and Kinks sold for $90,000 on Sunday to top the first session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale in Timonium, Md. Edward F. Schuler purchased the 7-year-old daughter of Waquoit from Walnut Green, agent for the estate of Nancy L. Bayard.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive