Sweet Goodbye will attempt to become the latest female to bowl over the boys when she takes her six-for-eight lifetime record into the $200,000 Jim McKay Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park Sept. 26.
The $150,000 General George Handicap (gr. II) has attracted a short, but stellar band of older runners. The seven furlong headliner at Laurel Park Feb. 16 features Fabulous Strike, one of the top sprinters in the country.
Cubahad an easy time of it against four overmatched rivals as he powered to a four-length victory in the $279,000 Jim McKay Maryland Million Classic at Laurel Park Oct. 4. More than $1.6 million was available in purses at the Maryland track.
The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, feature of the 22nd Maryland Million Day at Laurel Park Oct. 13, has drawn a field of 10, including the champions from the previous two years.
Marc Keller's Grand Couturier, third-place finisher in Saratoga's Sword Dancer (gr. IT) last summer as a 3-year-old, makes his season debut in Sunday's $100,000-added Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/16 miles on the turf at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity