Zia Park Racetrack & Casino in Hobbs, N. M., has rescheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 27, the seven stakes that were postponed this weekend due to an unseasonable snowfall and cold temperatures.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Six stakes races on the Sept. 29 Remington Park card are led by the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) and Remington Park Oaks. Departing seeks a fourth derby victory and Marathon Lady her first stakes score in the Oaks.
Favored Broadway Empire opened an insurmountable lead on his 11 opponents in the $194,272 Canadian Derby (Can-III) and cruised to a three-length victory under Rico W. Walcott Aug. 17 at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Broadway Empire is the 2-1 favorite in a full field of 12 3-year-olds drawn for the $200,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) Aug. 17, the highlight of the racing season at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Den's Legacy, taken off the Triple Crown trail by trainer Bob Baffert after a sixth-place finish in the Arkansas Derby (gr. I), should find the company more to his liking in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) June 2.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud