Queen Spumante, a 77-1 outsider, left a crowd of 58,944 at Kyoto Race Course in shock, leading from the outset to win the $2.1 million Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) over a field that included champion 3-year-old filly Buena Vista and Qatar Petroleum Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) winner Shalanaya.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote