With New York-breds making their presence felt in open company, here comes Palace, who looks to be the class of the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park Feb. 17.
Palace, who became a graded stakes winner in his most recent start, heads a field of six sprinters entered in the $100,000 Gravesend Handicap, which will be contested at six furlongs Dec. 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Nine sprinters have been entered in Laurel Park's 22nd running of the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Sept. 21, including local star Ben's Cat.
Smith Farm and Stable's New Jersey-bred Javerre won his first graded- stakes race Feb. 18, taking the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board
- Zia Park Hosts New Mexico Classic Cup Series
- Tommy Town to Stand GI Winner Boisterous