With New York-breds making their presence felt in open company, here comes Palace, who looks to be the class of the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park Feb. 17.
Palace, who became a graded stakes winner in his most recent start, heads a field of six sprinters entered in the $100,000 Gravesend Handicap, which will be contested at six furlongs Dec. 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Nine sprinters have been entered in Laurel Park's 22nd running of the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Sept. 21, including local star Ben's Cat.
Smith Farm and Stable's New Jersey-bred Javerre won his first graded- stakes race Feb. 18, taking the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line