With New York-breds making their presence felt in open company, here comes Palace, who looks to be the class of the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park Feb. 17.
Palace, who became a graded stakes winner in his most recent start, heads a field of six sprinters entered in the $100,000 Gravesend Handicap, which will be contested at six furlongs Dec. 21 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Nine sprinters have been entered in Laurel Park's 22nd running of the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Sept. 21, including local star Ben's Cat.
Smith Farm and Stable's New Jersey-bred Javerre won his first graded- stakes race Feb. 18, taking the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic