Pebbles, the first British horse to win a Breeders' Cup race, has died in Japan.
Warrsan won the group I Grosser Volkswagen Preis von Baden for the second straight year at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Var, a Kentucky-bred son of Forest Wildcat who was formerly in the barn of Bill Mott, registered a front-running half-length win in the Prix de L'Abbaye (Fr-I) under Frankie Dettori Sunday at Longchamp.
The Clive Brittain-trained Warrsan survived an inquiry in a rough finish to earn his third group I victory for owner and breeder Saeed Manana in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Suspected stamina limitations made it hard to predict a victory for Ouija Board in today's Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) over 12 furlongs at Epsom, but that didn't stop the daughter of Cape Cross surging to an emphatic and historic seven-length win.
Three-time group I winner Crimplene has been retired from racing to be bred to Danzig in the 2001 breeding season, according to the Racing Post. Trained by Clive Brittain, the Entenmanns Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner finished fourth in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) in her final start.
Giant's Causeway and Best of the Bests, the respective first- and third-place finishers in the Esat Digifone Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I) earlier this month, will meet again on Saturday in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot, England. Crimplene, a multiple group I winning filly, and Indian Lodge are also being pointed to the one-mile race, according to Sporting Life.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel