British Thoroughbred Breeders' Association chairman Philip Freedman called for an end to discrimination against premature foals born before Jan. 1, during a keynote speech Jan. 9 to the TBA annual general meeting in London.
Lord Bernard Donoughue, a former minister in Tony Blair's British government, warned key racing bodies of the need for unity if the sport in Britain does not want to face an "Armageddon"-type situation.
A week after the death of Sheikh Maktoum al Maktoum, the late ruler of Dubai and his brothers were awarded the prestigious Duke Of Devonshire bronze at the British Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's annual awards dinner in recognition of their contributions to Britain's bloodstock industry.
A diverse selection of British breeders, both large and small, are among the winners of the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association Awards released Thursday, Dec. 8.
Julian Richmond-Watson, the Jockey Club's Senior Steward, used his position as Guest of Honor at the Thoroughbred Breeders‚' Association's Annual Awards Dinner at London's Churchill Hotel Tuesday to outline his worries over the future administration of racing in Britain.
Britain's Levy Board has extensively changed its codes of practice regarding the infectious diseases CEM, EHV and EVA, which can severely disrupt horse breeding.
Breeders' prizes in Britain will be worth 30% more in 2003 after the Levy Board decided to allocate £2,400,000, an increase of £565,000 over the amount budgeted for this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners