The British Horseracing Authority will create a Horseracing Bettors Forum designed to give those who wager on racing a chance to offer "constructive suggestions" on how the industry can develop and implement changes.
British Horse Racing Authority stewards have suspended jockey Joseph O'Brien nine days and fined him for using his whip more than the permitted number of times during two races June 19 at Royal Ascot.
On the second and final day of the 2013 International Conference on the Health, Safety and Welfare of Jockeys Sept. 14 at Monmouth Park, representatives discussed a number of issues pertinent to riding careers.
The British trainer has been formerly charged by the British Horseracing Authority for using steroids illegally. The date of the hearing has not been set.
The British Horseracing Authority has charged a jockey and eight others, including three soccer players, with race fixing.
Top Australian racehorse Black Caviar came halfway around the world and proved herself on the international stage June 23, remaining unbeaten in 22 starts with a victory in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot.
Following an outcry from jockeys, the British Horseracing Authority has amended rules that result in disciplinary measures for jockeys using their whips more than five times inside the final furlong of a flat race.
British jockeys Brian Reilly and Dean Williams, together with bookmaker Owen Churchill, face various charges brought by that country's Horseracing Regulatory Authority after an investigation into betting on 10 races staged between Dec. 21, 2004 and Feb. 11, 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes