Excelebration, the world's second-best miler behind Frankel, tops a field of eight set for the QIPCO Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) on Oct. 20 at Ascot.
There are international implications to the Oct. 10 announcement that Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, will attend the races at Ascot Oct. 20. A battle for supremacy is looming among three big year-ending race meets.
Wizz Kid came with a storming late run to win the Qatar Prix de l'Abbaye de Lonchamp (Fr-I) on Oct. 7, denying favorite Mayson in the opening Thoroughbred race on the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) card.
Trainer is keen for workout to "feel like a race" as the British champion prepares for his next start in the QIPCO Champion Stakes Oct. 20. Frankel will work with two other Juddmonte Farms runners.
Salix, British Champions Day offer obstacles for Breeders' Cup. read blog
British horse racing's richest day Oct. 15 could be overshadowed by a growing feud over new whip rules that has led one jockey to quit before the big day at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004