Sellers of yearlings in Britain and Ireland are working to put together a bonus fund worth £2-million (approximately $3,269,400 in U.S. funds) for the connections of nominated horses that win maiden races next year for 2-year-olds. Each bonus will be worth £10,000 ($16,347), and it is hoped that up to 200 races will be supported. Some of the bonus money also will be made available to 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Suprise
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- After the Wire: Bernard Baruch & Woodward S.
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway