Medal Count, runner-up in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes April 12, will make his next start in the Kentucky Derby May 3 at Churchill Downs, trainer Dale Romans confirmed April 1.
Trainer Dale Romans has liked Medal Count from early on, and Spendthrift Farm's Dynaformer colt rewarded his faith April 4 in the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes on opening day of the Keeneland spring meet.
Shameful swept past the tiring leaders in mid stretch and then held off Wild Tickle to post a one-length victory Wednesday in the $78,650 Pine Tree Lane Stakes for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Fog City Stable's favored Spring Meadow held off fast-closing Brisquette by a head to win Saturday's $125,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
Madame Pietra rallied under jockey Pat Valenzuela for a convincing 2 1/2-length victory Thursday in the $82,250 Cascapedia Stakes for fillies and mares at Oak Tree.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- Highland Reel Refuses to Yield at Royal Ascot