Medal Count, runner-up in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes April 12, will make his next start in the Kentucky Derby May 3 at Churchill Downs, trainer Dale Romans confirmed April 1.
Trainer Dale Romans has liked Medal Count from early on, and Spendthrift Farm's Dynaformer colt rewarded his faith April 4 in the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes on opening day of the Keeneland spring meet.
Shameful swept past the tiring leaders in mid stretch and then held off Wild Tickle to post a one-length victory Wednesday in the $78,650 Pine Tree Lane Stakes for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Fog City Stable's favored Spring Meadow held off fast-closing Brisquette by a head to win Saturday's $125,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
Madame Pietra rallied under jockey Pat Valenzuela for a convincing 2 1/2-length victory Thursday in the $82,250 Cascapedia Stakes for fillies and mares at Oak Tree.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- G. G. Ryder Makes Grade in San Francisco Mile