Medal Count, runner-up in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes April 12, will make his next start in the Kentucky Derby May 3 at Churchill Downs, trainer Dale Romans confirmed April 1.
Trainer Dale Romans has liked Medal Count from early on, and Spendthrift Farm's Dynaformer colt rewarded his faith April 4 in the $100,000 Transylvania Stakes on opening day of the Keeneland spring meet.
Shameful swept past the tiring leaders in mid stretch and then held off Wild Tickle to post a one-length victory Wednesday in the $78,650 Pine Tree Lane Stakes for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Fog City Stable's favored Spring Meadow held off fast-closing Brisquette by a head to win Saturday's $125,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
Madame Pietra rallied under jockey Pat Valenzuela for a convincing 2 1/2-length victory Thursday in the $82,250 Cascapedia Stakes for fillies and mares at Oak Tree.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa