Barbados, Spectacular Bid Stakes three weeks earlier, heads the Jan. 24 Hutcheson Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park. The 3-year-old son of Speightstown will break from post seven of eight going seven furlongs.
When Keeneland resumes its spring juvenile racing schedule Thursday, April 18 with a 4 1/2-furlong race for fillies, the field is scheduled to include two runners with previous starts.
Stately Victor, a grade I winner in Kentucky, and Bring the Heat, a 14-year-old stallion, will stand in 2013 at Doug Arnold's Buck Pond Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Favorite Madman Diaries overcame a skirmish for the early lead and romped to a 9 1/4-length victory in the $147,257 Victoria Stakes, Canada's first important 2-year-old test of the year at Woodbine June 19.
Bring the Heat, sire of world-record holder One Hot Wish, is being relocated to Tom and Debi Stull's Tommy Town Thoroughbreds near Santa Ynez, Calif.
One Hot Wish, who established a world record mark for 4 1/2 furlongs, failed to meet her reserve to start off the 2007 Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale April 17 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Irisheyesareflying heads the field for the $100,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Golden Gate Fields. A hefty roster of 11 is slated to face the starter for the one-mile contest over the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti