When Keeneland resumes its spring juvenile racing schedule Thursday, April 18 with a 4 1/2-furlong race for fillies, the field is scheduled to include two runners with previous starts.
Stately Victor, a grade I winner in Kentucky, and Bring the Heat, a 14-year-old stallion, will stand in 2013 at Doug Arnold's Buck Pond Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Favorite Madman Diaries overcame a skirmish for the early lead and romped to a 9 1/4-length victory in the $147,257 Victoria Stakes, Canada's first important 2-year-old test of the year at Woodbine June 19.
Bring the Heat, sire of world-record holder One Hot Wish, is being relocated to Tom and Debi Stull's Tommy Town Thoroughbreds near Santa Ynez, Calif.
One Hot Wish, who established a world record mark for 4 1/2 furlongs, failed to meet her reserve to start off the 2007 Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale April 17 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Irisheyesareflying heads the field for the $100,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Golden Gate Fields. A hefty roster of 11 is slated to face the starter for the one-mile contest over the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster