Last at the quarter pole, favored Street Boss circled the field coming off the turn and swept past the leaders in the closing stages to win the $300,000 Bing Crosby Handicap at Del Mar July 27 for his second straight grade I victory.
Odds-on choice Street Boss continued his rapid ascent among the nation's top sprinters when he overcame a wide trip to defeat a stubborn Elite Squadron in the $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park July 5. The victory was the Bruce Headley trainee's fourth in a row, all over synthetic surfaces.
Favored Street Boss, overcoming much trouble in his stakes debut, showed why many feel he is the best sprinter in Southern California with a resounding late charge to win the $110,500 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Godolphin's champion Shamardal will begin his stallion career at Darley Australia in the Hunter Valley region of Australia this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling