Last at the quarter pole, favored Street Boss circled the field coming off the turn and swept past the leaders in the closing stages to win the $300,000 Bing Crosby Handicap at Del Mar July 27 for his second straight grade I victory.
Odds-on choice Street Boss continued his rapid ascent among the nation's top sprinters when he overcame a wide trip to defeat a stubborn Elite Squadron in the $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park July 5. The victory was the Bruce Headley trainee's fourth in a row, all over synthetic surfaces.
Favored Street Boss, overcoming much trouble in his stakes debut, showed why many feel he is the best sprinter in Southern California with a resounding late charge to win the $110,500 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Godolphin's champion Shamardal will begin his stallion career at Darley Australia in the Hunter Valley region of Australia this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale
- Indiana Grand Approved for 120 Dates in 2015
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak