Last at the quarter pole, favored Street Boss circled the field coming off the turn and swept past the leaders in the closing stages to win the $300,000 Bing Crosby Handicap at Del Mar July 27 for his second straight grade I victory.
Odds-on choice Street Boss continued his rapid ascent among the nation's top sprinters when he overcame a wide trip to defeat a stubborn Elite Squadron in the $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park July 5. The victory was the Bruce Headley trainee's fourth in a row, all over synthetic surfaces.
Favored Street Boss, overcoming much trouble in his stakes debut, showed why many feel he is the best sprinter in Southern California with a resounding late charge to win the $110,500 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Godolphin's champion Shamardal will begin his stallion career at Darley Australia in the Hunter Valley region of Australia this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones