British sales company Tattersalls Ltd. has agreed to purchase the bloodstock sales conducted by Brightwells, a diverse auction company founded in 1846.
Thoroughbred Breeders' Association chairman Kirsten Rausing has announced that the TBA and Racehorse Owners' Association had jointly bought the monthly racing and bloodstock magazine Pacemaker and that it will merge with the joint TBA/ROA publication Thoroughbred Owner & Breeder.
Two of Europe's premier bloodstock auction companies, Doncaster Bloodstock Sales of England and Goffs of Ireland, are involved in discussions which could lead to a merger.
Sale companies in Ireland, France, Germany, and Italy will sell Thoroughbreds in euros in 2002, but Great Britain, which has opted out of the European single-currency scheme for the time being, will still offer stock in guineas (£1.05), and in one case will switch to pounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate