Trainer Elie Lellouche has told a representative of the International Racing Bureau in France that the Wildenstein family's Bright Sky will run in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) rather than the Filly & Mare Turf (gr. I).
Nebraska Tornado became a potential star for trainer Andre Fabre after his 3-year-old filly, ridden by Richard Hughes, defeated a powerful field in Sunday's $337,020 Netjets Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I).
Sarafan, America's only hope to break a 10-year drought in the Japan Cup (Jpn-I), drew the number eight post position in a field of 16 international runners set to go postward Sunday in the world's richest turf race, moved to Nakayama racecourse and dropped from 12 to 11 furlongs in distance because of construction of a new grandstand at Tokyo racecourse.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout