Shuttle and former shuttle stallions achieved a 75% success rate in group I races in Australia April 16, accounting for three of the four winners.
Pensioned stallion Irish River died April 26 in his paddock at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington. The 28-year-old classic-winning son of classic winner Riverman stood all but one of his seasons at stud at the Lexington nursery.
Coolmore shuttle stallion Danehill, who is gearing up for another Southern Hemisphere breeding season in Australia, topped both the general and 2-year-olds list by Australian progeny earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85