Shuttle and former shuttle stallions achieved a 75% success rate in group I races in Australia April 16, accounting for three of the four winners.
Pensioned stallion Irish River died April 26 in his paddock at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington. The 28-year-old classic-winning son of classic winner Riverman stood all but one of his seasons at stud at the Lexington nursery.
Coolmore shuttle stallion Danehill, who is gearing up for another Southern Hemisphere breeding season in Australia, topped both the general and 2-year-olds list by Australian progeny earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- Maryland Positives for Compounded Drug Found
- Hard to Stay Notgo Romps in Franklin Square
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezes at Palm Beach
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes