Shuttle and former shuttle stallions achieved a 75% success rate in group I races in Australia April 16, accounting for three of the four winners.
Pensioned stallion Irish River died April 26 in his paddock at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington. The 28-year-old classic-winning son of classic winner Riverman stood all but one of his seasons at stud at the Lexington nursery.
Coolmore shuttle stallion Danehill, who is gearing up for another Southern Hemisphere breeding season in Australia, topped both the general and 2-year-olds list by Australian progeny earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby