Shuttle and former shuttle stallions achieved a 75% success rate in group I races in Australia April 16, accounting for three of the four winners.
Pensioned stallion Irish River died April 26 in his paddock at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington. The 28-year-old classic-winning son of classic winner Riverman stood all but one of his seasons at stud at the Lexington nursery.
Coolmore shuttle stallion Danehill, who is gearing up for another Southern Hemisphere breeding season in Australia, topped both the general and 2-year-olds list by Australian progeny earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card