Tim Smith, the former commissioner of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association who is now heading Friends of New York Racing, announced some plans for the organization at a press conference in New York Feb. 16.
Breaking a decades-old policy, the New York Racing Association has changed the purse levels for state-bred and open company maiden and allowance races.
Longtime New York trainer Dennis Brida has been hired as the executive director of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Tom Chuckas to Resign as President of MJC
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card