Tim Smith, the former commissioner of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association who is now heading Friends of New York Racing, announced some plans for the organization at a press conference in New York Feb. 16.
Breaking a decades-old policy, the New York Racing Association has changed the purse levels for state-bred and open company maiden and allowance races.
Longtime New York trainer Dennis Brida has been hired as the executive director of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board
- Longines Named Official Breeders' Cup Partner
- Breeders' Cup 'The Works' Returns to TVG
- Handle Down at Challenged Delaware Park Meet
- Canterbury Requests 70 Racing Dates for 2015
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses