Tim Smith, the former commissioner of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association who is now heading Friends of New York Racing, announced some plans for the organization at a press conference in New York Feb. 16.
Breaking a decades-old policy, the New York Racing Association has changed the purse levels for state-bred and open company maiden and allowance races.
Longtime New York trainer Dennis Brida has been hired as the executive director of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Superintendent Steven Pini Dies at 63
- Azar Captures With Anticipation Stakes
- Ageless, Living The Life Return for Masters
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Final Take on Pharoah Post-Crown Tour
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- Breaking & Training: Taking the Next Steps
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding