Two days after a rough running of the Southwest Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park on Presidents' Day, connections for the top four finishers are making tentative plans to join the next dance in the Rebel Stakes (gr. II).
Recent Oaklawn Park arrival J P's Gusto will be the one to beat when he faces 10 fellow 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 21 at the Hot Springs, Ark. track.
The track at Oaklawn Park was busy Feb. 14, with some of the top contenders for the Feb. 21, $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) turning in their final workouts.
Grant Jack, with leading rider Cliff Berry aboard, produced a 14-1 upset in the $250,000 Springboard Mile Stakes on closing night of the 2010 season at Remington Park.
Carolyn and Karen Scisney's homebred Maybesomaybenot, winner of the Sanford (gr. II), headlines a field of 11 in the $400,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) for 2-year-olds going 1 1/16 miles on the Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise