Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy got a four and half year prison sentence for defrauding a Houston bank out of $65 million. Gary Matthews, the farm's former chief financial officer, got 21 months. Alydar became part of the hearing, but the judge found no conclusive evidence the stallion was killed for insurance money, as federal prosecutors alleged.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm