Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy got a four and half year prison sentence for defrauding a Houston bank out of $65 million. Gary Matthews, the farm's former chief financial officer, got 21 months. Alydar became part of the hearing, but the judge found no conclusive evidence the stallion was killed for insurance money, as federal prosecutors alleged.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence