Brian's Time, for more than a decade one of the leading stallions in Japan, has died, according to news outlets in Japan.
Rainbow Dahlia won the Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup-Diamond Jubilee (Jpn-I) on Nov. 11 at Kyoto, narrowly denying three-time Japan filly Triple Crown runner-up Verxina a breakthrough win.
The Japan Racing Horse Association has cataloged 250 yearlings and 226 foals for its July select sale. The auction will be held July 9-10 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido.
Al Mufti, a Kentucky-bred son of Roberto, died March 3 at age 26 in his paddock at Ascot Stud in South Africa.
Koichiro Hayata, a veterinarian who owned and operated Japan's C.B. Stud with his wife, Yukiko, has begun serving a five-year sentence in a Japanese prison for misusing syndicate funds of stallions he managed.
Japanese-trained horses swept the top three positions in the Japan Racing Association's two major group I international races, when Zenno Rob Roy won the Japan Cup and Time Paradox took the Japan Cup Dirt, both run at Tokyo Racecourse on Nov. 28 under sunny skies.
Something special happened in the 4th race at Belmont Park May 29.
Yuki and Koichiro Hayata's Hayata Group has petitioned for bankruptcy in Japan. The Hayatas operate Hayata Farm and CB Farm, where they stand Brian's Time, one of the top sires in Japan since 1996.
Storm Day, a graded stakes-placed half-brother to Brian's Time, has been sold to stand at stud next year at Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, La. No stud fee was announced for the son of Storm Cat--Kelley's Day, by Graustark.
Thirty foals by Sunday Silence, Japan's perennial leading sire, have been catalogued for the Japan Racing Horse Association's sale that will be conducted July 8 and 9 at the Northern Horse Park on Hokkaido.
Most Popular Stories
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26