A New York investment company and affiliates have lost their appeal of a shareholder oppression lawsuit they originally filed against the parent company of Magna Entertainment Corp., with the Canadian judges affirming lower-court awarded indemnity costs of $2.1 million.
The board of directors of Magna Entertainment Corp. announced Wednesday that it has elected Brian Tobin as a director and vice-chairman of the MEC Board. Tobin is the chief executive officer and a director of MI Developments Inc., which is the majority shareholder of MEC.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- This note to Kentucky legislators: Friends Lake, winner of the $1-million Florida Derby (gr. I) March 13, was foaled in New York, the same state that produced Funny Cide, winner of last year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Former Canadian cabinet minister and provincial premier Brian Tobin has been appointed chief executive officer of MI Developments Inc., a real estate spin-off of Magna International that holds a controlling interest in Magna Entertainment Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action