Brian Pitnick grinned widely as he stood under a television monitor in the Bay Meadows clubhouse the evening of April 11.
An apologetic Russell Baze was suspended for 15 days by Bay Meadows stewards and fined $2,500 Aug. 26 for misusing his whip as the result of a complaint arising from an incident at the Bay Area track last week.
Bay Meadows stewards say they are deliberating whether to take action against Hall of Fame jockey Russell Baze following a hearing the morning of Aug. 25 into a riding incident that generated contoversy.
Trainer Brian Pitnick has been fined $3,000 by Bay Meadows stewards for rule violations after a horse under his care, Theycallme Mr. Tim, exceeded the regulatory threshold of 37 millimeters for total carbon dioxide, the California Horse Racing Board reported March 7.
Two talented Bay Area 3-year-olds, Lost In The Fog and Stellar Magic, had workouts Sunday morning in preparation for their next major assignments.
California-bred Stellar Magic collared 7-10 favorite Texcess in mid-stretch and rolled to a 1 1/2-length victory in the San Mateo Mile for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking