The $150,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) ended in a draw after a tremendous battle down the stretch between pacesetter Brazen Persuasion and favored Bahnah on opening day of the 2013 Saratoga Race Course meet July 19.
Killer Graces, the most experienced filly in the field, grabbed the lead near mid-stretch and held off Charm the Maker for her first graded stakes win in the $402,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) Dec. 10 at Hollywood Park.
Jockey Luis Quinonez registered back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park Sept. 7 with Going Ballistic in the Governor's Handicap and Tizfiz in the Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial.
Tizfiz, claimed for $50,000 by trainer Ralph DeLeon last fall, took the San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) field all the way, outlasting Marzelline by a nose in an upset on the Santa Anita turf course Jan. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- CT Classic Could Move to Afternoon in 2015