Freshman sire Union Rags' first progeny to race also became his first winner April 20 at Aqueduct Racetrack, where Brian Kahn's homebred Lady Stardust won impressively for trainer Wesley Ward.
The 5-year-old gelded son of Candy Ride, a former claimer, is now 3-for-3 at the 1 1/8-mile distance on the Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots lawn, having aced the $300,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Handicap (gr. IIT) March 28.
The $150,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) ended in a draw after a tremendous battle down the stretch between pacesetter Brazen Persuasion and favored Bahnah on opening day of the 2013 Saratoga Race Course meet July 19.
Killer Graces, the most experienced filly in the field, grabbed the lead near mid-stretch and held off Charm the Maker for her first graded stakes win in the $402,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) Dec. 10 at Hollywood Park.
Jockey Luis Quinonez registered back-to-back stakes wins at Remington Park Sept. 7 with Going Ballistic in the Governor's Handicap and Tizfiz in the Edward J. DeBartolo Memorial.
Tizfiz, claimed for $50,000 by trainer Ralph DeLeon last fall, took the San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) field all the way, outlasting Marzelline by a nose in an upset on the Santa Anita turf course Jan. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas