Hoosier Park Racing & Casino launched its 64-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet Aug. 1 and will offer live racing through Oct. 27.
Kentucky racing in the summer months hasn't gotten much attention over the years, but that could change if Ron Geary has his way.
Ellis Park has adopted a new schedule for accepting entries 72 hours in advance of its races during the meeting that begins July 19.
Ellis Park, the western Kentucky racetrack hit by a tornado last fall, will take a major step forward in its recovery when it reopens for training June 1.
Five months after a tornado ripped through Ellis Park, efforts to repair and rebuild storm-battered areas of the track are making significant progress as the Henderson, Ky., track prepares to open its 83rd racing season on July 19.
Brian Elmore, an administrator at Hoosier Park for the past 10 years, has been appointed vice president and general manager at Ellis Park, Churchill Downs announced Jan. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Red Rifle Rallies to Dominion Day Victory
- Our Caravan Spoils Normandy Invasion Comeback
- Former Owner, Publicity Director Disney Dies