Hoosier Park Racing & Casino launched its 64-day Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet Aug. 1 and will offer live racing through Oct. 27.
Kentucky racing in the summer months hasn't gotten much attention over the years, but that could change if Ron Geary has his way.
Ellis Park has adopted a new schedule for accepting entries 72 hours in advance of its races during the meeting that begins July 19.
Ellis Park, the western Kentucky racetrack hit by a tornado last fall, will take a major step forward in its recovery when it reopens for training June 1.
Five months after a tornado ripped through Ellis Park, efforts to repair and rebuild storm-battered areas of the track are making significant progress as the Henderson, Ky., track prepares to open its 83rd racing season on July 19.
Brian Elmore, an administrator at Hoosier Park for the past 10 years, has been appointed vice president and general manager at Ellis Park, Churchill Downs announced Jan. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- Animal Disease Tracking Map Launched
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS