Rachel Alexandra was described as "bright and alert with a good appetite" on the evening of March 7 after undergoing a surgical procedure at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital to drain an abscess discovered in the morning.
Veterinarians at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington remain pleased with the progress of 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra following her abdominal surgery resulting from foaling complications Feb. 13.
The 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra continues to face her recovery from abdominal surgery as a result of foaling complications with the same courage and determination that made her a champion on the track.
Doctors at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington said Monday, Feb. 18, that 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra remains stable as she recovers from abdominal surgery performed Feb. 13 following foaling complications.
Doctors at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington reported Feb. 16 that 2009 Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra remained serious but stable as she continued to recover from foaling complications.
While showing signs of progress, Rachel Alexandra's condition remained serious at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital Feb. 15, following surgery to repair a section of her small colon injured in the foaling a filly.
Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra is battling infection as she tries to recover from surgery to treat a colon injury suffered while foaling a healthy Bernardini filly Feb. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes