The Breeders Sales Co. of Louisiana's annual yearling sale is set for Sept. 23 at the Ike Hamilton Center in West Monroe, La.
Spendthrift Farm has purchased Flashpoint, winner of the Hutcheson Stakes (gr. II) and Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III). The multiple graded stakes-winning son of Pomeroy will stand at Le Mesa Stallions for 2014.
Canadian Frontier, sire of New York grade I winners Hilda's Passion and No Such Word, will stand in 2012 for $3,500 at Brett Brinkman's LeMesa Stallions near Carencro, La.
Grace Hall probably won't be the favorite for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) Nov. 4 -- that honor will likely go to My Miss Aurelia -- but trainer Tony Dutrow would not change positions with anyone.
Yankee Gentleman, the sire of six stakes winners from his first three crops of racing age, has been relocated to Brett A. Brinkman's Le Mesa Stallions in Carencro, La.
A Gilded Time colt worked an eighth of a mile in :10 Saturday during the Under Tack show for horses consigned to the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's June sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time equals the fastest eighth mile breeze ever recorded at an OBS Under Tack Show.
Breeders who send a Louisiana-bred program registered mare to Wild Zone or Littlexpectations will receive a free no-guarantee 2006 season to Easyfromthegitgo.
Easyfromthegitgo, a stakes winner of nearly $700,000, will enter stud in 2004 at Le Mesa Stallions in Carenero, Louisiana. His stud fee will be $3,500.
Most Popular Stories
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker