Behind a strong quarter that saw 17% revenue growth at its New Jersey online casino, compared with the same quarter a year ago, Betfair reports a 25% revenue growth in its U.S. operations for the three months ended Jan. 31.
Citing its mobile channel as a key driver, Betfair reports that its U.S.-based advance deposit wagering company TVG enjoyed a 15% spike in handle for the six months ended Oct. 31.
Like its parent company Betfair, TVG enjoyed a strong 12 months for the fiscal year ended April 30, according to financials released June 11. TVG saw handle increase 33% to $74.76 million.
Betfair Group on May 14 announced the appointment of Kip Levin as the new chief executive officer of its U.S. businesses comprising TVG and Betfair Casino.
Betfair, the world leader in betting exchange technology and owner of U.S.-based advance deposit wagering platform and racing channel TVG, reported a loss of US$75.4 million in its annual report.
Multiple European financial news outlets are reporting private equity firm CVC Capital Partners has ended a $1.5-billion effort to purchase Betfair.
- By Frank Angst
Improved handle failed to translate to increased revenue at advance-deposit wagering company TVG Network during the three-month period ending Jan. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2