Like its parent company Betfair, TVG enjoyed a strong 12 months for the fiscal year ended April 30, according to financials released June 11. TVG saw handle increase 33% to $74.76 million.
Betfair Group on May 14 announced the appointment of Kip Levin as the new chief executive officer of its U.S. businesses comprising TVG and Betfair Casino.
Betfair, the world leader in betting exchange technology and owner of U.S.-based advance deposit wagering platform and racing channel TVG, reported a loss of US$75.4 million in its annual report.
Multiple European financial news outlets are reporting private equity firm CVC Capital Partners has ended a $1.5-billion effort to purchase Betfair.
- By Frank Angst
Improved handle failed to translate to increased revenue at advance-deposit wagering company TVG Network during the three-month period ending Jan. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark