Behind a strong quarter that saw 17% revenue growth at its New Jersey online casino, compared with the same quarter a year ago, Betfair reports a 25% revenue growth in its U.S. operations for the three months ended Jan. 31.
Citing its mobile channel as a key driver, Betfair reports that its U.S.-based advance deposit wagering company TVG enjoyed a 15% spike in handle for the six months ended Oct. 31.
Like its parent company Betfair, TVG enjoyed a strong 12 months for the fiscal year ended April 30, according to financials released June 11. TVG saw handle increase 33% to $74.76 million.
Betfair Group on May 14 announced the appointment of Kip Levin as the new chief executive officer of its U.S. businesses comprising TVG and Betfair Casino.
Betfair, the world leader in betting exchange technology and owner of U.S.-based advance deposit wagering platform and racing channel TVG, reported a loss of US$75.4 million in its annual report.
Multiple European financial news outlets are reporting private equity firm CVC Capital Partners has ended a $1.5-billion effort to purchase Betfair.
- By Frank Angst
Improved handle failed to translate to increased revenue at advance-deposit wagering company TVG Network during the three-month period ending Jan. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card