Like its parent company Betfair, TVG enjoyed a strong 12 months for the fiscal year ended April 30, according to financials released June 11. TVG saw handle increase 33% to $74.76 million.
Betfair Group on May 14 announced the appointment of Kip Levin as the new chief executive officer of its U.S. businesses comprising TVG and Betfair Casino.
Betfair, the world leader in betting exchange technology and owner of U.S.-based advance deposit wagering platform and racing channel TVG, reported a loss of US$75.4 million in its annual report.
Multiple European financial news outlets are reporting private equity firm CVC Capital Partners has ended a $1.5-billion effort to purchase Betfair.
- By Frank Angst
Improved handle failed to translate to increased revenue at advance-deposit wagering company TVG Network during the three-month period ending Jan. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga