Citing its mobile channel as a key driver, Betfair reports that its U.S.-based advance deposit wagering company TVG enjoyed a 15% spike in handle for the six months ended Oct. 31.
Like its parent company Betfair, TVG enjoyed a strong 12 months for the fiscal year ended April 30, according to financials released June 11. TVG saw handle increase 33% to $74.76 million.
Betfair Group on May 14 announced the appointment of Kip Levin as the new chief executive officer of its U.S. businesses comprising TVG and Betfair Casino.
Betfair, the world leader in betting exchange technology and owner of U.S.-based advance deposit wagering platform and racing channel TVG, reported a loss of US$75.4 million in its annual report.
Multiple European financial news outlets are reporting private equity firm CVC Capital Partners has ended a $1.5-billion effort to purchase Betfair.
- By Frank Angst
Improved handle failed to translate to increased revenue at advance-deposit wagering company TVG Network during the three-month period ending Jan. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen