Leading the way with a stud fee of $10,000 is current leading Florida stallion Wildcat Heir, who also topped the state's general sire list in 2010, 2011, and 2013. Wildcat Heir stands as property of Journeyman Stud.
Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud will host its annual Stallion Show Jan. 18 at 11 a.m. at the Ocala-based farm.
Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, Fla., has named Michelle Hemingway to the position of senior bloodstock associate.
Top sire Wildcat Heir will remain at $10,000 for 2012. New sires J P's Gusto will stand for $3,500, while Vineyard Haven will stand for $3,000.
J P's Gusto, a grade I-winning juvenile and successful 3-year-old sprinter, has been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Journeyman Stud stallion Saint Anddan had his first winner June 26 at Hollywood Park when his 2-year-old daughter Woebegon scored by 3 1/4 lengths after a pacesetting effort.
Teuflesberg sired his first winner May 21, when his 2-year-old colt This One for Me captured a maiden race at Hipodromo de las Americas racetrack in Mexico for trainer Gregorio Larios and owner Cuadra Esmeralda.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment