Skipalute may still be a maiden, but in her last start she finished second to a champion and could be the one to beat in the $200,000 Forward Gal Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 24 at Gulfstream Park.
A field of 11 will gather for the $250,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II) at Hawthorne Race Course Nov. 29, contesting the only graded stakes and open event of Hawthorne Race Course's fall stand.
Last the first time past the wire, Cary Street was first when it counted, taking the $200,000 Las Vegas Marathon (gr. II) easily over favored Irish Surf at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
Cary Street, saving ground every step of the way under Miguel Mena, outlasted Ever Rider to spring a 28-1 surprise in the $200,000 Greenwood Cup (gr. III) at 1 1/2 miles on the main track at Parx Racing Sept. 1.
For trainer Brendan Walsh, preparing his first Breeders' Cup starter in two years of training is a brand new world that could lead to the first graded stakes victory of his career coming on the sport's biggest stage.
Brendan Walsh, a former assistant to Eddie Kenneally, saddled his first winner as a trainer when Sandcastle won the fifth race March 2 at Gulfstream Park, a maiden special weight event.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Pedigree Analysis: Far From Over
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal