Dubawi had just the one representative in Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, and demand for the sire's progeny remained high.
Arqana reported record returns of its annual breeze-up auction May 9 at Saint-Cloud, where sales were led by an Oasis Dream colt who sold to Sheikh Joann's Al Shaqab Racing for €600,000 (US$672,283).
An Invincible Spirit colt sold to Nicolas de Watrigant of Mandore International for a record-shattering Arqana breeze-up price of 750,000 Euros ($1,032,119 in United States funds) May 10 at Saint-Cloud.
A filly by Darley sire Exceed And Excel brought a sale record price at the Doncaster Bloodstock Sales breeze-up auction April 24.
The final lot into the ring, a Danehill Dancer colt out of Promising Lady (by Thunder Gulch), topped Friday's session of Tattersalls' October yearling sale when bought by Grove Stud's Brendan Holland for 40,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager