Land of Believe Farm, located in central Pennsylvania about one mile from Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, will be sold at auction Aug. 21.
Many Central Kentucky breeding farms are requesting that all mares brought in to be bred be vaccinated seven to 90 days beforehand for equine herpesvirus (EHV-I).
- By Tom Precious
An influential breeder in New York, embroiled in a dispute with a neighbor, has successfully pushed through a measure to ban the setting off of fireworks near breeding farms.
A portion of another historic Thoroughbred farm in central Florida has been sold. Hunter Farm, which spans more than 320 acres near Ocala and features a three-quarter-mile dirt track and one-mile turf course, has been divided up into five parcels by owner Dennis Diaz, who raced champion and 1985 Kentucky Derby winner Spend a Buck.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud