Land of Believe Farm, located in central Pennsylvania about one mile from Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, will be sold at auction Aug. 21.
Many Central Kentucky breeding farms are requesting that all mares brought in to be bred be vaccinated seven to 90 days beforehand for equine herpesvirus (EHV-I).
- By Tom Precious
An influential breeder in New York, embroiled in a dispute with a neighbor, has successfully pushed through a measure to ban the setting off of fireworks near breeding farms.
A portion of another historic Thoroughbred farm in central Florida has been sold. Hunter Farm, which spans more than 320 acres near Ocala and features a three-quarter-mile dirt track and one-mile turf course, has been divided up into five parcels by owner Dennis Diaz, who raced champion and 1985 Kentucky Derby winner Spend a Buck.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park