Land of Believe Farm, located in central Pennsylvania about one mile from Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, will be sold at auction Aug. 21.
Many Central Kentucky breeding farms are requesting that all mares brought in to be bred be vaccinated seven to 90 days beforehand for equine herpesvirus (EHV-I).
An influential breeder in New York, embroiled in a dispute with a neighbor, has successfully pushed through a measure to ban the setting off of fireworks near breeding farms.
A portion of another historic Thoroughbred farm in central Florida has been sold. Hunter Farm, which spans more than 320 acres near Ocala and features a three-quarter-mile dirt track and one-mile turf course, has been divided up into five parcels by owner Dennis Diaz, who raced champion and 1985 Kentucky Derby winner Spend a Buck.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2
- Florida Governor Signs Medication Reform Bill