Land of Believe Farm, located in central Pennsylvania about one mile from Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, will be sold at auction Aug. 21.
Many Central Kentucky breeding farms are requesting that all mares brought in to be bred be vaccinated seven to 90 days beforehand for equine herpesvirus (EHV-I).
- By Tom Precious
An influential breeder in New York, embroiled in a dispute with a neighbor, has successfully pushed through a measure to ban the setting off of fireworks near breeding farms.
A portion of another historic Thoroughbred farm in central Florida has been sold. Hunter Farm, which spans more than 320 acres near Ocala and features a three-quarter-mile dirt track and one-mile turf course, has been divided up into five parcels by owner Dennis Diaz, who raced champion and 1985 Kentucky Derby winner Spend a Buck.
Most Popular Stories
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale
- Historical Gains in Kentucky
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale