All eyes will be on American Cleopatra, the full sister to American Pharoah, as she takes a second shot to win a grade I in the Chandelier Stakes.
Stud Misterio's Ordak Dan earned a "Win and You're In" berth into the Longines Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) when he won the Gran Premio 25 de Mayo (Arg-I) for the second time at San Isidro racecourse near Buenos Aires.
The Breeders' Cup announced April 10 it has added eight "Win and You're In" races to its Challenge Series, bringing the total numbr of automatic qualifying races to 78.
Mike McCarty's Lemon Drop Dream tops a field of eight sprinters in the 162nd running of the $200,000 Stoll Keenon Ogden Phoenix (gr. III) Oct. 3, opening day of Keeneland's fall meet.
As the Breeders' Cup gets closer, look back at the Challenge Winners. View Slideshow
The 3-year-old son of Speightstown earns a spot in the Breeders' Cup Sprint with the win.
Grade I winner Wise Dan, currently ranked second on the NTRA's list of North America's top Thoroughbreds in training, is to arrive at Woodbine on the morning of Sept. 14 for the $1 million Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT).
Cape Blanco and Teaks North, both two-time grade I winners on turf this year, headline a star-studded six-horse field for the Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Grade 2 Status Not Reinstated for Buena Vista