Dennis Moore, the track superintendent at Santa Anita Park, said Oct. 31 it is "pretty definitive" the Southern California racetrack will get overnight rain.
Unlike the sunscreen and sandals that are the norm for the Breeders' Cup World Championships in Southern California, racing fans will want to bring outerwear to this year's event.
There's no rain in the forecast Saturday in Louisville for the 2006 Breeders' Cup World Championships, but it will be on the chilly side.
A cool, windy and partly cloudy day is anticipated for the Breeders Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Saturday at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y.
The rising mercury in Southern California was the hot topic of conversation at a Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships news conference held Thursday following training hours at the Arcadia, California racetrack.
According to current weather forecasts for Louisville on Saturday, the weather for this year's Breeders' Cup races at Churchill Downs should be excellent for racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications