Unlike the sunscreen and sandals that are the norm for the Breeders' Cup World Championships in Southern California, racing fans will want to bring outerwear to this year's event.
There's no rain in the forecast Saturday in Louisville for the 2006 Breeders' Cup World Championships, but it will be on the chilly side.
A cool, windy and partly cloudy day is anticipated for the Breeders Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Saturday at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y.
The rising mercury in Southern California was the hot topic of conversation at a Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships news conference held Thursday following training hours at the Arcadia, California racetrack.
According to current weather forecasts for Louisville on Saturday, the weather for this year's Breeders' Cup races at Churchill Downs should be excellent for racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise