Dennis Moore, the track superintendent at Santa Anita Park, said Oct. 31 it is "pretty definitive" the Southern California racetrack will get overnight rain.
Unlike the sunscreen and sandals that are the norm for the Breeders' Cup World Championships in Southern California, racing fans will want to bring outerwear to this year's event.
There's no rain in the forecast Saturday in Louisville for the 2006 Breeders' Cup World Championships, but it will be on the chilly side.
A cool, windy and partly cloudy day is anticipated for the Breeders Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Saturday at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y.
The rising mercury in Southern California was the hot topic of conversation at a Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships news conference held Thursday following training hours at the Arcadia, California racetrack.
According to current weather forecasts for Louisville on Saturday, the weather for this year's Breeders' Cup races at Churchill Downs should be excellent for racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- First Starter Wins for Sire Get Rich Quick