Undefeated Zenyatta unwound her patented stretch drive once again to sweep by Hystericalady in the final furlong to win the $245,000 Lady's Secret (gr. IT)during the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita Park Sept. 27.
Unbeaten Zenyatta will be looking for career win No. 8 when she takes the gate for the Lady's Secret Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 27 at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. The California-based runner will face four rivals, including grade I winner Hystericalady, in the 1 1/16-mile race.
After being scratched at the gate of last Saturday's Gazelle Handicap, trainer Bobby Frankel is still trying to make Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) with his 3-year-old Country Star.
Not long after Curlin's majority owner Jess Jackson indicated the reigning Horse of the Year might show up at Santa Anita for the Breeders' Cup after all, trainer Larry Jones stated that Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Proud Spell could be headed to California too. Jones, who previously said Proud Spell was unlikely for the Breeders' Cup, made the comments during a national media teleconference Sept. 16.
Hall of Fame trainer Robert Frankel was still amazed with the way Ginger Punch managed to defend her Go for Wand Handicap (gr. I) July 26 at Saratoga title by muscling her way between horses after being boxed in at the top of the stretch.
The repackaging of the Breeders' Cup World Championships and move of female stakes from their customary Saturday spot is part of the plan to make Friday's program "true Breeders' Cup championship racing," Breeders' Cup president Greg Avioli said.
Most Popular Stories
- Pleascach Wins Irish One Thousand Guineas
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Leads MM Weanling Session
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run