Undefeated Zenyatta unwound her patented stretch drive once again to sweep by Hystericalady in the final furlong to win the $245,000 Lady's Secret (gr. IT)during the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita Park Sept. 27.
Unbeaten Zenyatta will be looking for career win No. 8 when she takes the gate for the Lady's Secret Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 27 at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. The California-based runner will face four rivals, including grade I winner Hystericalady, in the 1 1/16-mile race.
After being scratched at the gate of last Saturday's Gazelle Handicap, trainer Bobby Frankel is still trying to make Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) with his 3-year-old Country Star.
Not long after Curlin's majority owner Jess Jackson indicated the reigning Horse of the Year might show up at Santa Anita for the Breeders' Cup after all, trainer Larry Jones stated that Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Proud Spell could be headed to California too. Jones, who previously said Proud Spell was unlikely for the Breeders' Cup, made the comments during a national media teleconference Sept. 16.
Hall of Fame trainer Robert Frankel was still amazed with the way Ginger Punch managed to defend her Go for Wand Handicap (gr. I) July 26 at Saratoga title by muscling her way between horses after being boxed in at the top of the stretch.
The repackaging of the Breeders' Cup World Championships and move of female stakes from their customary Saturday spot is part of the plan to make Friday's program "true Breeders' Cup championship racing," Breeders' Cup president Greg Avioli said.
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well