Ken and Sarah Ramseys' Stephanie's Kitten, a homebred daughter of Kitten's Joy, rallies to catch Stopshoppingmaria late to win the Nov. 4 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT).
The filly Hard Not to Like romped to victory over her male counterparts in the $247,921 Cup and Saucer Stakes over a soft turf course at Woodbine Oct. 15. A pair of horses pulled up early.
Favored Somali Lemonade is on her way to the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) after sweeping to victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) on a yielding Keeneland grass course Oct. 13.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Stephanie's Kitten came from off the pace and ran down Heart of Destiny inside the sixteenth pole to win the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) Oct. 7 on opening day at Keeneland.
Northern Passion, one of four starters for trainer Mark Casse, ran down Dayatthespa in mid-stretch and went on to take the $235,100 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Sept. 17 at Woodbine.
Lillie Langtry is the most accomplished horse in the field of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended