A crowd of 31,257 was on hand at Santa Anita on Oct. 24 for the first day of the two-day event with the first five of 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races on Oct. A North American record Friday all sources common pool handle on the 10-race card was $47,863,774.
Preliminary business figures for the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships were released Sunday morning showing records were set in all major categories.
Preliminary all-sources handle on the 12-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships card held Saturday at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, was $119,467,321.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm