A crowd of 31,257 was on hand at Santa Anita on Oct. 24 for the first day of the two-day event with the first five of 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races on Oct. A North American record Friday all sources common pool handle on the 10-race card was $47,863,774.
Preliminary business figures for the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships were released Sunday morning showing records were set in all major categories.
Preliminary all-sources handle on the 12-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships card held Saturday at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, was $119,467,321.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan