A crowd of 31,257 was on hand at Santa Anita on Oct. 24 for the first day of the two-day event with the first five of 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races on Oct. A North American record Friday all sources common pool handle on the 10-race card was $47,863,774.
Preliminary business figures for the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships were released Sunday morning showing records were set in all major categories.
Preliminary all-sources handle on the 12-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships card held Saturday at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, was $119,467,321.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- Delaware, Lab Work to Improve Test Turnaround