A crowd of 31,257 was on hand at Santa Anita on Oct. 24 for the first day of the two-day event with the first five of 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races on Oct. A North American record Friday all sources common pool handle on the 10-race card was $47,863,774.
Preliminary business figures for the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships were released Sunday morning showing records were set in all major categories.
Preliminary all-sources handle on the 12-race Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships card held Saturday at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, was $119,467,321.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell