The Breeders' Cup announced the deadline for the early discount of $100 off the $500 price for a Breeders' Cup foal nomination is Thursday, Aug. 1.
The Breeders' Cup board of directors has again approved an early foal nomination deadline that allows for a $100 discount off the $500 nomination fee for all foals nominated electronically to the program by Aug. 1.
The deadline for Breeders' Cup foal nominators to receive the early discount of $100 off the $500 foal nomination fee is Monday, Aug. 1.
Questions and answers provided by Breeders' Cup Limited on changes to nominations.
In an effort to attract more horses, especially those from overseas, to participate in its World Championships, Breeders' Cup Limited is making major changes to its nominations programs.
The Breeders' Cup reports more than 4,300 foals have been nominated to the program during the online early nomination period, for which nominators receive a $100 discount off the $500 fee.
Breeders' Cup foal nominations rebounded in 2003 after two years of declines. A total of 14,927 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup in 2003, which marks a 7.3% increase from the previous year.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. said 13,846 foals were nominated to the Breeders' Cup program in 2002, an 8.3% decrease in nominated foals from 2001.
The number of 2002 foals nominated to the Breeders' Cup program is down 8% from last year, largely due to mare reproductive loss syndrome, which resulted in the loss of nearly 20% of the pregnancies of Kentucky-based mares when it swept through the region in the spring of 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park