Breeders' Cup Ltd., along with Zenyatta owners Jerry and Ann Moss, announced the launch of the inaugural Breeders' Cup Zenyatta Celebration, to be held Championship Friday, Nov. 4, at the Kentucky Derby Museum.
J.D. Sweeney, 49, of San Diego, submitted the winning bid this week of $11,200 for a trip the Breeders' Cup World Championships and a visit with retired Breeders' Cup champion Zenyatta this November.
Fans can bid on a travel package to the Breeders' Cup World Championships, including a visit to retired Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and 2010 Horse of the year Zenyatta.
The Breeders' Cup announced Aug. 10 it has selected Thoroughbred Charities of America as a beneficiary of the 2010 Breeders' Cup World Championships to be held at Churchill Downs Nov. 5-6.
A Duesenberg guitar autographed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is one of the premier items to be auctioned to benefit Breeders' Cup Charities during the 2008 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Hall of Fame jockey Edgar Prado will donate 5% of winnings from his mounts in this month's World Championships to Breeders' Cup Charities and the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping