Saying he saw an opposition to openness and transparency among some members that degenerated to personal attacks, longtime member Satish Sanan resigned from his Breeders' Cup board position May 9.
During its regularly scheduled meeting April 22, the board of directors of Breeders' Cup Ltd. discussed but took no action on future host sites.
By Bill Casner - The recent Breeders' Cup board meeting that resulted in the adoption of a new set of governance by-laws is the beginning of a new era that will allow for more inclusivity, transparency, and accountability.
Former National Thoroughbred Racing Association commissioner Tim Smith weighed in on Sunday's election of a new board of directors for Breeders' Cup Ltd., warning participants about the negative impact internal divisiveness could have on the sport.
- By Ray Paulick
Ray Paulick - One year from now, when The Blood-Horse conducts its annual year in review, it's likely that Jan. 8 will stand out as one of the most important dates on the calendar. In fact, it could be one of the most critical days in the modern history of the Thoroughbred industry.
Officials of Breeders' Cup Ltd. announced Thursday the election of 13 members to its board of directors through the proportional shareholder voting system by Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators. The election results were confirmed at last week's board meeting in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat