Spendthrift Farm's Shakin It Up, winner of the Malibu (gr. I), Strub (gr. II), and San Vicente (gr. II) stakes, sired his first reported foal late Jan. 6, when a colt was born at Brandywine Farm in Paris, Ky.
Hampton Court, a track record-setting group I winner in Australia, will shuttle to Spendthrift Farm near Lexington to stand the 2016 breeding season.
Grade I winner and New York-based stallion Dublin gained his first winner July 12, when 2-year-old colt Dr Blarney scored by 3 1/2 lengths in his debut in the first race at Monmouth Park.
The first reported foal for Spendthrift Farm's Jimmy Creed, a grade I-winning son of Distorted Humor, is a filly born Jan. 17 in Wilmington, Ohio.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm now will be offering the "Breed Secure" program for nearly its entire roster of Kentucky-based stallions.
Spendthrift Farm is introducing its "Breed Secure" program to New York breeders in 2013 through its New York-based stallion Dublin, who is set to stand his second season at Keane Stud near Amenia.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes