In partnership with the West Virginia affiliate of Susan G. Komen, Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has scheduled a weekend of activities dedicated to the fight against breast cancer.
Churchill Downsand its charitable beneficiaries Bright Pink and Horses and Hope announced the 141 breast and ovarian cancer survivors selected to walk in the 2015 Kentucky Oaks Survivors Parade.
The New York Racing Association has designated Friday, Aug. 19, as "Fabulous Fillies Day" at Saratoga Race Course.
- By Ron Mitchell
Dr. Janet Hoke, a breast cancer survivor, has pledged some of the proceeds from her 11-horse consignment at the Keeneland September yearling sale to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Jockey Patricia Cooksey, 44, the all-time leading female rider at Churchill Downs, is scheduled to ride at the Louisville track June 26 in her return to competition after a battle with breast cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam