In partnership with the West Virginia affiliate of Susan G. Komen, Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has scheduled a weekend of activities dedicated to the fight against breast cancer.
Churchill Downsand its charitable beneficiaries Bright Pink and Horses and Hope announced the 141 breast and ovarian cancer survivors selected to walk in the 2015 Kentucky Oaks Survivors Parade.
The New York Racing Association has designated Friday, Aug. 19, as "Fabulous Fillies Day" at Saratoga Race Course.
- By Ron Mitchell
Dr. Janet Hoke, a breast cancer survivor, has pledged some of the proceeds from her 11-horse consignment at the Keeneland September yearling sale to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Jockey Patricia Cooksey, 44, the all-time leading female rider at Churchill Downs, is scheduled to ride at the Louisville track June 26 in her return to competition after a battle with breast cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017