Churchill Downsand its charitable beneficiaries Bright Pink and Horses and Hope announced the 141 breast and ovarian cancer survivors selected to walk in the 2015 Kentucky Oaks Survivors Parade.
The New York Racing Association has designated Friday, Aug. 19, as "Fabulous Fillies Day" at Saratoga Race Course.
- By Ron Mitchell
Dr. Janet Hoke, a breast cancer survivor, has pledged some of the proceeds from her 11-horse consignment at the Keeneland September yearling sale to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Jockey Patricia Cooksey, 44, the all-time leading female rider at Churchill Downs, is scheduled to ride at the Louisville track June 26 in her return to competition after a battle with breast cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops, Will Breeze June 1
- Tale of Verve, Mubtaahij Breeze for Belmont
- Texas Red Works Toward Possible Dwyer Start
- Posse to Shuttle to Uruguay
- Evangeline Downs Stakes Taken Off Turf
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Winx Trounces Rivals in Queensland Oaks
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- French Navy Sails to Group I Upset in SAf
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping