The promising homebred racing for Jerry and Ann Moss had finished second Aug. 24 in Kings Bishop Stakes.
Trainer Larry Jones doesn't have a horse in the May 17 Preakness (gr. I), but he is at the track to run horses in stakes Friday and Saturday. Not surprisingly, he is still being asked questions about the tragic breakdown of Eight Belles.
Fate had something worse in store for a promising colt named Barbaro, and a handful of people with a lifetime of ambitions invested in him.
Barbaro was rarin' to go. The unbeaten Kentucky Derby winner gave jockey Edgar Prado every indication he was set for the race of his life.
Bosque Redondo's struggle for survival since undergoing surgery in late August ended on Jan. 12, according to a report in Daily Racing Form.
Wednesday's opening-day program at Bay Meadows was marred by a spill in the day's eighth and final race that was declared no contest by stewards after only four of the original nine starters crossed the finish line.
Ruffian Breaks Down In Match Race
Most Popular Stories
- KY-bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat