Racing needs to break down the breakdowns. read blog
The promising homebred racing for Jerry and Ann Moss had finished second Aug. 24 in Kings Bishop Stakes.
Trainer Larry Jones doesn't have a horse in the May 17 Preakness (gr. I), but he is at the track to run horses in stakes Friday and Saturday. Not surprisingly, he is still being asked questions about the tragic breakdown of Eight Belles.
Fate had something worse in store for a promising colt named Barbaro, and a handful of people with a lifetime of ambitions invested in him.
Barbaro was rarin' to go. The unbeaten Kentucky Derby winner gave jockey Edgar Prado every indication he was set for the race of his life.
Bosque Redondo's struggle for survival since undergoing surgery in late August ended on Jan. 12, according to a report in Daily Racing Form.
Wednesday's opening-day program at Bay Meadows was marred by a spill in the day's eighth and final race that was declared no contest by stewards after only four of the original nine starters crossed the finish line.
Ruffian Breaks Down In Match Race
Most Popular Stories
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June