The first reported foal for Spendthrift Farm stallion Can the Man is a colt born Feb. 3 at Breakaway Farm in Indiana.
Skylord picked up his first winner as a sire when Cindy Patrick's Check Or a Wreck drew off in the stretch of a maiden-optional claiming race for 2-year-old Indiana-bred fillies sired by registered Indiana stallions Sept. 22.
Star Cat celebrated his first winner when Purrpurrpurr posted a victory in her second start Aug. 23 in the fourth race, a maiden special weight at Indiana Downs.
Janice and Scott Jordan's Breakaway Farm Grows With Indiana. Read More
Graded stakes-placed Mondavi sired his first winner when his 2-year-old daughter Woodys Night Watch scored at Hoosier Park Sept. 15.
Randy Mills' turf stakes star Unite's Big Red has been retired after an unsuccessful attempt to bring him back to the races as a 9-year-old this summer. The venerable chestnut gelding will move to Mills' Breakaway Farm in Ocala, according to trainer Dave Vivian, Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders