The first reported foal for Spendthrift Farm stallion Can the Man is a colt born Feb. 3 at Breakaway Farm in Indiana.
Skylord picked up his first winner as a sire when Cindy Patrick's Check Or a Wreck drew off in the stretch of a maiden-optional claiming race for 2-year-old Indiana-bred fillies sired by registered Indiana stallions Sept. 22.
Star Cat celebrated his first winner when Purrpurrpurr posted a victory in her second start Aug. 23 in the fourth race, a maiden special weight at Indiana Downs.
Janice and Scott Jordan's Breakaway Farm Grows With Indiana. Read More
Graded stakes-placed Mondavi sired his first winner when his 2-year-old daughter Woodys Night Watch scored at Hoosier Park Sept. 15.
Randy Mills' turf stakes star Unite's Big Red has been retired after an unsuccessful attempt to bring him back to the races as a 9-year-old this summer. The venerable chestnut gelding will move to Mills' Breakaway Farm in Ocala, according to trainer Dave Vivian, Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- International Sire Elusive Quality Pensioned
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand
- Milestone Victory for Goodwin Comes at Canterbury Park
- Highland Reel Refuses to Yield at Royal Ascot