Upper-level buyers stayed in Lexington Friday as Keeneland's 12-day September yearling sale rolled into its second week and the premier Book 1 sessions gave way to Book 2.
A colt from the first crop of grade I winner The Factor sold for $600,000 Sept. 18 at the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Braxton Lynch signed the ticket for the first Book 2 Tapit to enter the ring Sept. 18 at the Keeneland September yearling sale, as Session 4 of the sale got off to a solid start.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association and Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders have elected officers and members of the board of directors.
Thoroughbred Charities of America announced that Shannon Arvin, Braxton Lynch, and Peter Willmott have been named to three-year terms on its board of directors.
Richard Jones, a former co-owner of Walnut Green bloodstock agency, died Wednesday, Jan. 10.
Braxton Lynch left Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., at the end of 2006 to become more involved in the operation of Royal Oak Farm, which she and her husband, Damian, own.
History could repeat itself at Fasig-Tipton's Saratoga select yearling sale when hip No. 148 steps into the ring.
Case Clay has been named co-director of sales for Three Chimneys Farm. He and Braxton Lynch will oversee all aspects of Three Chimneys Sales, which last year sold 190 mares, weanlings, and yearlings at public auction for more than $36 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa